Advertiser Funded Television Programmes
What is AFP?
A TV programme or series of programmes that are funded in part or completely by
an advertiser. Also known as Sponsor Financed Programming.
What can it add to a brand?
- Programming that appeals to a brand's core target audience and involvement with
- An appointment to view, which means enhanced communication as attention to both
programme and commercial break are greater
- Opportunities to develop a fully integrated communications strategy where the
customer can interact with the brand
- Differentiate the brand from its competition
- Integrate the brand into the programme, with the sponsor assuming and enhancing
the values of the show and sharing the relationship with the viewer
- A project with the potential to become self financing over time through the
exploitation of rights.
The pbrmedia contribution:
pbrmedia works with independent programme makers, media and advertising
agencies, and clients, to realise these projects. The secret of success lies in
establishing strategic relationships between the client brand on one side and the
producer and the broadcaster on the other. It uses established media techniques to
match brand values to those of the programme so that the overall communication is
relevant to the objectives of both.
With pbrmedia the relevant connections will be made with the minimum
investment of resources and time so that the optimum synergy between brand and programme
can be achieved. Recognition of the communication opportunities that are presented by
any project is a core part of the service, ensuring that maximum value is generated for
the provider of the funding.
pbrmedia will manage all aspects of the development process from
initial briefing to scheduling of transmission
Projects we are working on include:
- The development of a major "slice of life" series on behalf of a large US travel
organisation. pbrmedia has been responsible for the development of the brief and
the search for and selection of a production partner. This project is just about to
enter final development for shooting in the winter of 2003.
- pbrmedia has been retained by a leading independent production company
to arrange commercial support for four programme formats. These are in a variety of
areas of entertainment including music, factual entertainment, sports development and
lifestyle engineering. For further information contact us on email@example.com
- We are also working in conjunction with a national newspaper, a production company and
a leading FMCG manufacturer on the development of a series of sponsored videos to be
released in 2003.
In 1994 he was responsible for the airing of the first sponsored TV event on the
private station NOVA in the Czech Republic. The programme was devised a strategic
alliance of British Airways and Elle Magazine. Later, in 1997 he was part of the
team that developed an advertiser funded programme project for Reckitt & Colman in
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for
further information or an informal conversation about the opportunities for AFP